HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!Things have certainly been busy recently as we wrap up 2012 and kick-start 2013. I hope everyone had an absolutely fantastic Christmas and have been enjoying a well-deserved break with your friends and family. As we enter 2013, this is the perfect opportunity to establish what you want to do with your next 365 days and create your own 2013 outlook. Take some time out to reflect on 2012.
- What went well?
- What didn’t go so well?
- How have you developed as a person?
- What key things have you learned?
What’s on the Horizon in 2013
Change Your Life ProgramThe Change Your Life program is set to be launched in just a couple of weeks! I’m pleased to say that it is 99% complete! The final touches are more in the design side of things and we have a team of people currently reviewing the content to ensure it is everything we promised it to be. The program is set to define the future of The Start of Happiness. It is the perfect tool for helping you understand yourself, gain clarity of where you want to go and create clear, actionable plans that you will actually work towards and achieve. Throughout 2013, this is something I would love to check into every now and then and see how our community is progressing towards their goals. To actually gain insight into real people doing real things to change their life and live more successful, fulfilled and happy will only help to inspire others to do the same. This is what we’re about! Note: It's still not too late to join the Action Team. Thanks to all those currently on the team that have helped shape exactly what this course includes.
RebrandingI’d love to get your thoughts on this one, but it is something I have thought a little bit about recently. I’ve had so many people let me know how fun and happy our website is and I absolutely love hearing this! This is exactly how people should be feeling as they visit this site. However, I’m questioning whether the branding of the site (it terms of site design) accurately reflects what we’re about? A couple key things I’m considering changing:
- The amount of smileys
- Our catchphrase/slogan/motto
Real Case Studies, Experiments and Success in ActionAs I alluded to in the Change Your Life program above, I feel it’s important we bring in real case studies, real experiments and actually see success in action. We can do this primarily through three ways.
- I will provide you more examples, case studies and results of where I am applying the strategies and tools from The Start of Happiness into my own life.
- I will interview others that are applying these or similar strategies and tools into their life so we can see the results of their actions.
- I will ask you more and more for what’s happening in your own life and what successes you are seeing from applying the strategies and tools we offer. I’d love to introduce an ‘Ask the Reader’ post series and even have you write for The Start of Happiness.