The first month of The Start of Happiness is a wrap and it’s seriously been a fun month!
I’ve had awesome fun writing these articles and being able to convey my thoughts, feelings and strategies through this medium. Although I do this every single day face-to-face, it’s a whole new realm for me starting this site and taking to the internet to reach a larger audience. The best part is, I don’t have to do it alone as there are so many of you that have joined the movement. This makes it a hell of a lot more fun.
Hearing from you guys and being able to engage with you and be part of your life has been rewarding for me. I hope you have got something from The Start of Happiness. If you havn’t already, feel free to join us on Facebook or follow on Twitter.
The last week has been super fun participating in the very first Happy Challenge performing Random Acts of Kindness each day. I hope you put a smile on someone’s face and made a difference to their day. Not only that, I hope it made you feel pretty good too. This is just the beginning of what should hopefully be a life-changing experience for you. Keep in mind that The Start of Happiness is so much more than just ‘spreading happiness’… I will be detailing this in a post in a couple of days so keep your eyes peeled!
Best Blog Posts for September 2012
At the end of each month I intend to round up the Top Posts for the month in relation to happiness, positive thinking, performance, success and just general awesomeness. I want to ensure you have access to and have a quick reference point to the best blog posts on the web.
Let’s check them out!
My Contributions around the Web:
1) 10 Things You Need to Learn to Live a Super-Happy Life (Lifehack)
My post on Lifehack has been the site’s most popular post for the month of September and continues to be today. Linking in quite closely with my post here a couple of weeks ago, this post cuts to some of the key elements of the 43 habits of absolutely happy people. Be sure to check it out and let me know your thoughts!
2) The 5 Essential Ingredients for Experiencing Flow on a Daily Basis (Change Your Thoughts, Change Your Life)
My post here describes exactly what you need to ensure you experience the feeling of ‘flow’ on a daily basis. ‘Flow’ is that feeling you have when you are completely immersed in something, thinking with pure clarity, fully energised, super-productive and you often lose track of time. Be sure to check this one out so you can learn to experience flow as often sa possible.
3) 7 Awesome Things You Can Do for Building Social-Confidence and Social-Leadership (Pick The Brain)
My post on Pick The Brain outlines 7 awesome things that you can do to help you build your social-confidence as well as your social-leadership. You may already be doing a couple of these, but I can guarantee you have not done them all.
3) When Being Too Passionate is a BAD Thing! (Grow With Stacy)
My post on Grow With Stacy details a story of when being too passionate is a bad thing. When does a passion become an obsession, having negative effects on your life? Do you know where the line is?
Best of the Rest:
These posts are my pick as ‘must read’ articles for the month of September. They are articles that jumped out at me and have awesome content. They are intentionally put here on the Best Blog Posts for September 2012 to ensure everyone has access to some of the greatest content out there (in no particular order).
1) The Only 100 Positive Affirmations You Will Ever Need
– Farnoosh (Prolific Living)
2) The 31 Habits of the Worlds Best Connectors
– Scott Dinsmore (Live Your Legend)
3) There Are 3 Words That Kill Dreams
– Doug Cartwright (Change Your Thoughts, Change Your Life)
4) How to Create Your Own Formula For Success
– Steve Houghton-Burnett (Pick The Brain)
5) The Passion vs Hobby Test
– Joanthan Mead (Paid to Exist)
6) Top 20 Time-Wasters and Top 5 Worthwhile Activities
– Teresa Griffith (Lifehack)
7) Getting Comfortable With the Uncomfortable: My Journey to Being Who I Always Wanted to Be
– Justin Miller (The Change Blog)
8) 7 Simple Habits For an Awesome Start to Your Day
– Henrik Edberg (The Positivity Blog)
9) Bringing You Back From the Grave and Beyond
– Liz Seda (A Life On Your Terms)
10) Finding Happiness in the Midst of Grief
– Tammy Strobel (ZenHabits)
If there are some Top Posts and awesome articles that I may have missed, please let me know or feel free to add them to the comments below.
P.S. Keep an eye out for my next post in a couple days which will explain why The Start of Happiness is SO MUCH MORE than just instilling a ‘positive feeling’ in people… this site is about MUCH MORE! Stay tuned.
Hello to every one, the contents existing at this site are really amazing for
people knowledge, well, keep up the nice work fellows.
After looking over a number of the articles on your web page, I really like your way of writing a blog.
I added it to my bookmark webpage list and will be checkinhg
back soon. Take a look at my web site too and tell me your opinion.
I just noticed that you included my Change Blog post. Thank you so much. It means the world.
No worries, Justin! AWESOME post!!