To help you get started with turning your passion to profit and building an online business I have compiled a list of awesome resources that I personally use and recommend.
If you have any questions about any of the resources on this list please do not hesitate to contact me.
Essential Resources to Get You Started
The first thing you need to turn your passion to profit is to have an online presence.
The resources in this list include everything you need to get setup and start building your business.
- Namecheap: Namecheap is one of the fastest and easiest ways of getting a domain name. This will get you kickstarted on your journey.
- Bluehost: Bluehost is one of the best hosting services used by millions worldwide. The Start of Happiness as well as all my other sites run on Bluehost. Plus it’s only $4.95 per month if you use this link (affiliate).
- WordPress.org: This is the best blog platform that any serious blogger should be using as it is slick, efficient and is highly customisable. A self-hosted WordPress blog also means you completely own all the content that you put onto the site. If you get hosting with Bluehost then wordpress can be installed within 3 minutes for free.
- Genesis Framework: The Genesis framework is the world’s best theme framework for SEO. That’s why a lot of the world’s biggest bloggers use Genesis! Again, any serious blogger should be utilising the Genesis Framework. It is super-efficient, powerful and comes with a load of premium themes that are highly customisable.
- Aweber Communications & Email Marketing Software: There are a lot of email list building services out there, but hands-down Aweber has to be the pick of the bunch. Hence why most of the biggest bloggers and online marketeers use Aweber! Again, I personally use Aweber as the functionality, simplicity and reporting capability is second to none.
Charging for Products and Services:
Turn turn your passion to profit you will need to charge for the products that you create and deliver. These resources will enable you to start charging for your services from day 1.
- PayPal: Setup a free account, link it to your bank account and you’re up and running! Simply add a ‘Buy Now’ or ‘Add to Cart’ button to your website and you can start receiving income for your products and services. You can accept payments via email, credit card and from most major currencies around the world. I use PayPal for my personalised services such as coaching and website creation.
- ClickBank: This is my top recommendation for selling online. Clickbank allows more functionality than PayPal such as the ability for the buyer to immediately download a product, the ability for recurring payments and the ability to allow affiliates to also sell your products. I use ClickBank for our Change Your Life program.
Social Media and Online Marketing Tools
- Hootsuite: This is an all in one social media manager. I use it to manage all my social media accounts including twitter, facebook, google plus and linkedin. You can schedule messages, easily respond to any direct messages or tweets and see all activity on each of your profiles, all on one page! There is a Pro version and a free version.
- TweetAdder: We all know that time is money and TweetAdder is a tool that just simply saves you time. Although I’m not one to normally automate something like social media, it does make a big difference and saves you from spending hours on the simple side of social media. TweetAdder allows you to setup personalised auto-responders, thank people who retweet you, follow or unfollow accounts in bulk and search for people in your industry.
Outsourcing to Help You Run Your Business With Less Time
- oDesk and Elance: These are the two juggernauts of the online world when it comes to outsourcing your work. Both oDesk and Elance are free to sign up and all you need to do is write a brief job description, set your rates (paid hourly or on completion of project) and submit. Within 10 minutes you will start receiving real applications (seriously… try it!). You can then simply manage your contractors and see the status of their work through your dashboard. I have used both and have some great success with both. Another great tool for freeing up your own time.
- Virtual Staff Finder: This is an absolutely awesome service if you’re wanting a dedicated, full-time contractor to outsource your work to. There is a small sign-up fee and then ongoing rates depending on your needs. All staff at Virtual Staff Finder are in the Philippines and provide for great quality and reliable work.
Improve Your Productivity
- Dropbox: Dropbox is a fantastic tool for syncing documents across multiple computers. This is great if you’re looking to do business from multiple locations as everything is stored in the cloud. An added bonus is that your documents will also be free from hardware failure! The free account (I use) is great at 2GB of space and allows a lot more for referring people (like I am now). There are also paid versions but you should really only need this if you’re looking to upload a LOT.
- Rescue Time: This is a free application that is absolutely awesome. Have you ever wondered how you spend your time on your computer? You will probably find that you spend a load of time doing the things that won’t help you turn your passion to profit. This application will monitor everything you do on your computer and provide you all the reports you need to help you find where you are wasting time to help you be more productive. The pro version also allows you to block websites, give you kudos for being productive and a range of other services.
- Aweber Communications & Email Marketing Software: AWeber is the ultimate email marketing software currently available. All of the world’s leading bloggers use AWeber and I switched to AWeber a few months after starting this site. AWeber allows you to easily embed email signup forms, keep track of your subscribers and break them down into various segments, send automatic broadcasts and a whole lot more. I love AWeber and I don’t think I’ll ever be making a switch. Highly recommend for anyone in business or blogging!
- Popup Domination Plugin: If you want to build your following more rapidly then the Popup Domination Plugin can help. I have tried and tested this plugin and it helps to increase your subscription rate rapidly.
Ready to Get Started?
Make sure you bookmark this resource list and refer back to it when you need to. I aim to build it up over time with additional resources to help your business or career grow.
Don’t forget to join our community and get access to your free Passion to Profit toolkit which includes additional tools to help you get live a more successful and fulfilling life.
If you need a hand in getting your website up and running, I can create a professional website for you within 24 hours. If you need the assistance, please check out my services!
Let’s do this!
The following are the benefits that you have to be aware of the most.
When job offers do come and I’ll admit, some companies may fear hiring you because they fear a former
owner being an employee, negotiate the best salary you can along with the best
benefits you can for you and your family. Clients do not look no
matter whether you’ve a small or big budgeted communication service.
Or, perhaps you’re one of those students
who desires a challenge, or even a good addition to
your résumé for Grad school. Make the process pain-free with debt collection software for
a small business that automates this tedious process and adds to your company’s bottom line.
What you give away doesnât have to be costly, but it must be valuable.
If you’re educated (or seeking an education) you will probably find a ton
of opportunity in a small town. If, on the other hand, you are not successful in paying your loans back, you are
going to develop “bad credit. Clients do not look no matter whether you’ve a small or big budgeted communication service.
Yet, there are grants that are made for equipment and training.
You can know all the ins and outs of business and can run a restaurant without
fail; but would you know the first thing about installing the kitchen grills.
Selling the same things, to the same market, in the same
Thanks for every other fantastic post. The place else could anybody get that type of information in such a
perfect manner of writing? I have a presentation next week, and I’m on the search for such info.
I’ve been exploring for a little bit for any high quality
articles or blog posts in this sort of area . Exploring in Yahoo
I eventually stumbled upon this website. Studying this information So i am satisfied to express that I
have a very just right uncanny feeling I discovered
exactly what I needed. I such a lot without a doubt will make sure to do not overlook this website and give it a look
I most certainly will at once understand the rss feed after i are unable to to find the e-mail subscription website link and also ezine company. Complete you may have just about any? Be sure to permit me to recognise so that I may subscribe.. post links,earn money, Many thanks.
DNS – Dealer Websites – FAQ Howdy, Well put together write-up. It has an problem using your website within world-wide-web explorer, could check the following? IE still is the market boss plus a massive part of other folks is going to overlook your fantastic creating for this challenge.
If you want to grow your familiarity simply keep visiting this
web page and be updated with the latest news update posted here.
my web site :: cuckoldtube.tumblr.com
My brother suggested I might like this website. He was totally right. This post actually made my day. You cann’t imagine just how much time I had spent for this info! Thanks!|
Order your Bitcoin mining equipment today and we will ship it within 2 days. Visit % POSTDOMAIN %.
A lot of people rate mailchimp above A weber.
I need to choose. Why would you say A weber is better?
I was with Mailchimp when I first started blogging. Mailchimp is great because it is free for the first 2,000 subscribers, however once you reach 2,000 subscribers it becomes more expensive than AWeber.
I decided to go with a longer-term approach and keep costs down. I also found once switching to AWeber that the functionality and technology is just way better. There is a lot more customisation that you can do and more insights you can pull, such as identifying exactly which forms all of your subscribers are using to opt-in.
Mailchimp is great if you’re likely to not go over 2,000 subscribers (because it’s free under this level) and it’s very basic in its functionality. AWeber is great if you’re after more functionality, insights and a more cost-effective approach for bigger lists.
I hope this helps!